[feed] Atom [feed] RSS 1.0 [feed] RSS 2.0

Chemical composition of the flower oil of Cinnamomum zeylanicum blume.

Jayaprakasha, G. K. and Jagan Mohan Rao, L. and Sakariah, K. K. (2000) Chemical composition of the flower oil of Cinnamomum zeylanicum blume. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 48 (9). pp. 4294-5. ISSN 0021-8561

[img] PDF
J._Agric._Food_Chem._2000,_48,_4294-4295.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (29kB)

Abstract

The steam-distilled oil of cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) flowers was analyzed by GC and GC-MS. It consists of 23% hydrocarbons and 74% oxygenated compounds. A total of 26 compounds constituting approximately 97% of the oil were characterized. (E)-Cinnamyl acetate (41.98%), trans-alpha-bergamotene (7.97%), and caryophyllene oxide (7.2%) are found to be major compounds. This is the first report on the chemical composition of the flower oil of Cinnamomum zeylanicum.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Cinnamomum zeylanicum; Lauraceae; (E)-cinnamyl acetate; volatile oil; mono- and sesquiterpene; GC-MS
Subjects: 600 Technology > 08 Food technology > 30 Spices/Condiments
Divisions: Human Resource Development
Plantation Products Spices and Flavour Technology
Depositing User: Food Sci. & Technol. Information Services
Date Deposited: 08 Aug 2008 10:11
Last Modified: 01 Jul 2015 12:12
URI: http://ir.cftri.com/id/eprint/2151

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item